Friday, April 8, 2011

Making Even More Progress

I've shown you a few things about the baby's room before but now we have even more done thanks to my wonderful hubby!  He's been able to get a lot done and even put up with me at the same time.  :)

This is the room once it was completely painted. You can't tell a huge difference between the wall color and the ceiling color in this pic but I love the way it turned out!



Then my honey put the crib together. I wasn't here for this process but I do have before and after pics of his handiwork! Curtis did a great job!  I put some of the bedding on just to see what it looked like.  I know it'll all have to come off again to be washed but I don't care.  :) 


Then a few days later, we put the changing table together. 


We have a dresser that was being passed around our family and after my sister got married she didn't need it anymore, so it got passed down to us.  We put it in the closet for extra storage.  I just had to hang up some of his clothes! I know I'll have to take them all down again but I had to see what they looked like in his room.  ;)


I'm going to do a collage of eight 8x10 prints above the babies bed.  I have a few of them already framed, a few more that need to be framed and a few more still on the way.  I want to hang them 4x4 over the crib.  Here's what I have framed so far.



The only other furniture being added to the room is a rocker/glider and a book case.  I have some cute books and toys for the bookcase.  Then all I have to do is finalize the decorations.  I think I have a pretty good idea of what I want, I just need to finalize the details and get approval from the hubby.  I'm so excited for the room to be coming together. 

I'll post more pics of the progress or maybe I'll have it done soon and can show you the final product!  Only 79 more days (give or take a few) until we have a little one ready to enjoy his new room!

I hope ya'll have a great weekend!




1 comment: