Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Ten On Tuesday: Working Out

It's been awhile since I've done a Ten on Tuesday so here goes!  This weeks questions were provided by Ashley

1. What does your work out schedule look like?
Almost non-existent.  For no reason other than my laziness and my TV habit.  I have time to work out, have a great gym only a few minutes from my house and I still only go about once a week or once every two weeks (SAD - REALLY SAD!)

2. What is your favorite machine to use at the gym?
Leg machines - I think I have chicken legs so I'm always wanting to tone my legs - it never works.  For cardio, I like the treadmill or the elliptical.  I don't like the bikes.

3. What is your favorite class to take at the gym?
I've never taken a class at a gym.  I've also never taken one of those boot camp things, my co-working is doing that and she can barely walk. 

4. Where do you shop for work out gear and clothing?
I just wear whatever.  I don't match and I'm not cute at the gym.  I buy most of my gym shorts at Target and just wear a t-shirt (preferably one long enough to cover my bum)

5. If you can’t go to the gym, do you have a favorite outdoor activity?
I'd like to say riding my bike, but I haven't been doing much of that either. 

6. What about a favorite work out DVD? If so, please share!
I have the Bender Ball at home and the DVD for that is pretty good.  My abs are sore for days!  I've been wanting to try the 30 Day Shred DVD, but I'm petrified to try it.

7. Are you more active now or when you were in high school?
I was way more active in high school.  I was in gymnastics until about 8th or 9th grade, then I moved on to tumbling for awhile.  I was on the basketball team off and on for years, and in high school I was on the powerlifting team - no joke.

8. How has your dieting/working out philosophy changed since high school?
I eat WAY more healthy now.  In high school it was ALL carbs, Dr. Pepper and Candy Bars.  Now it's one caffeine every few days, always grilled food (never fried) and I try to avoid candy - but that's almost impossible.

9. What do you do while working out– (i.e., day dream, read, listen to music, gab with a friend)?
I have to have music during cardio.  I cannot just walk or run with nothing to listen too, I'll start counting every second and it's excruciating.  If I have music or watch TV, I'm distracted by the fact that I'm on a boat - just kidding, I meant treadmill.

10. What working out resolution would you like to make for yourself this year?
I'd like to go to the gym on regular days every week.  Every Monday, Tuesday and Thursday type of deal.  I don't think it's too much to ask of myself to exercise two or three times a week.  I mean really, why am I so lazy?!


No comments:

Post a Comment