Monday, October 4, 2010

Ladies Brunch

Awhile back, I was talking to my mom about how much I missed her, my sisters, and grandmothers.  Since my birthday was coming up (and I get whatever kind of party I want) we decided to throw a brunch for all the ladies of my family to get everyone together at one time.  We picked a date around my birthday and started planning.  I was so excited to do this because I had never really thrown a party like this before AND it was for all of my favorite ladies.  I enjoyed setting everything up and it what I wanted for my birthday was to spend some quality time with my mom, sisters and grandparents.

I found this inspiration board on The Party Dress and used it as a basis for our decorations.  I wanted to have something bright and fun.  I am so inspired by The Party Dress blog. From what I know, this is a party planning company. Almost daily, they post new ideas for seasonal parties, decorations, weddings, birthday parties, etc. They also include links to find out more about the things they are pulling together. I love scrolling through the weddings, parties and home sections.

I found these invitations from Dragonfly Papers on Etsy. 



I set the table with fresh flowers and each person had a name card, a paper flower and a cupcake at their setting.

 
The brunch consisted of an egg and sausage breakfast casserole, fresh fruit, deviled eggs, chicken salad sandwiches and of course cupcakes!
 
 
 
 
We had a really good time hanging out - just girls!
 
 
From left to right: My dads mom, my mom, her mother, and my dads aunt (she's like my grandma too!)


From left to right: The middle sis, the baby sis, and the big sis!  Yes the baby is the tallest of us all.


We had a great time!  It was so much fun to plan and setup everything.  We had an even better time just spending time together.  Unfortunately, we couldn't invite ALL of the special women in my life at one time. . . guess we'll just have to plan another party. . . with a bigger venue because there are alot of ya'll! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment