Saturday, May 5, 2012

Micah is 10 Months Old

I can't believe only two more 'sticker' pictures until Micah turns 1 years old!  It's all happening so fast.  I am so thankful I am able to stay home with our baby everyday and enjoy all the little things.  We are bad parents because we were actually out of town on his 10 month birthday, but we weren't gone long, so hopefully he'll forgive us.  I'll give you more info about where we went soon.



Micah is a pro at crawling now.  He can book it to anywhere he wants to go.  We don't have any stairs in our house so I don't think he can crawl up or down a step but I'm not sure.  He has buns of steel because he is standing up, sitting down, standing up, sitting down ALL DAY LONG.  It's all he does.  He'll even do squats sometimes.  He'll go to sit down but before he does, he'll stand all the way up again. I should just mimic his actions all day and I would be ripped!


He does some cruising.  He will move along the furniture some, but he doesn't do it exclusively.  If he's standing at one end of the couch and wants to go to the other end, he'll mostly sit down and crawl to the other end.  He likes to grab a toy in each hand and then try to use his hands to pull up on something.  He then drops the toy, sits down to grab it and starts all over again.  This is also a never ending task.  :)


He's started to like books more which is so fun.  If you bend the back of the book so that the page sticks up in the middle, he'll turn the page for you.  He likes his 'colors' book and his 'animals' book.  He even starts to fuss when I stop reading the books, it needs to be HIS idea to stop reading; not mine.  His ABC book is a little too long for his liking, so we don't make it much further than 'K' but that book has a lot of words compared to the others.


He's cut two more teeth on the bottom.  So he has his front four teeth on the top AND the bottom.  I am still surprised when I get a glimpse of all his teeth.  He just looks so different to me with all them chompers.



He's turned into such a great eater.  He was never a bad eater, he just didn't care for solid foods at first but now he eats anything and everything.  I feel like we feed him SOO much food that his tummy might pop but he keeps putting it in his mouth.  Usually, I fix him a plate of a variety of foods and feed him all of that, a jar of baby food and then I'll top him off with a few ounces of formula.  It seems like a lot but he still doesn't seem like he's put on a lot of weight.  We have to go back to the doctor soon for a weigh in and I don't know if he will have gained much weight.  I guess we will wait and see.  Please say a little prayer that he's gained some weight by then.  



P.S.  I haven't gotten his actual 10 month picture taken yet but I will do that and re-post this with those pictures.

Have a good day!
Stef

No comments:

Post a Comment