Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

These questions were provided by Meredith and hosted by Chelsea at Roots and Rings.  This weeks questions are mostly about food and it's making me hungry!

1. What condiments are always, always in your fridge?
Always always always honey mustard.  My hubby loves honey mustard and I like it too so we always have to have some stocked up.  I usually have mayo and mustard too but I don't really use those outside of making tuna salad or chicken salad.

2. How do you like your steak cooked? Your burgers?
I like mine medium well - well done.  I used to only order well done but sometimes that means crunchy so I've learned to like medium well.  BUT if I cut into my steak or bite into my burger and the juice is red -  back to the grill it goes! 
 
3. What’s your favorite use for fresh tomatoes?
Sliced on my hamburger or diced in a salad.  We go to this seafood restaurant that serves their salad with diced cucumbers and diced tomatoes and for some reason it's just so delicious!
 
4. What’s your go-to dinner when you haven’t planned anything in advance and you don’t feel like going out?
I'd have to say spaghetti or what I call Ruby stew (which came from my friend Ruby), which is basically a Mexican stew.  Both are super easy, super fast and super yummy!
 
5. What’s your favorite snack food lately?
I'm going to have to say ice cream.   I've always liked ice cream but with pregnancy I'm finding that I am definitely craving ice cream and cannot say no if there is ice cream around.  I'm also craving sweets so anything chocolate is fine by me!
 
6. What’s your favorite weekend breakfast to make at home?
I love biscuits and scrambled eggs.  My husband would like to add sausage or bacon to that list but I'm not a huge breakfast meat eater.  If I have people over and need to cook breakfast I go for this super easy and yummy breakfast casserole. 
 
7. What’s your favorite thing to grill? How do you do it?
We are not huge grillers.  I'm not sure how to cook a steak so burgers are usually on the menu if we're grilling, but I like to make grilled shrimp if we're doing a BBQ as an appetizer or just a yummy side dish.  I peel the shrimp and marinate them in this tomatoe vinegrette dressing that I have, then you just have to grill them for a few minutes each side and they are SO yummy!
 
P.S.  I think I've used the word yummy alot in the post.  Like I said, now I'm hungry for something 'yummy'!
 
8. What’s your favorite wine for under $10? If you’re not a wine person, what brand of beer is your favorite?
Hmm, I like this wine called Toasted Head.  It's a chardoney and it taste like the grapes were grilled or something.  It's pretty good.  I like to use wine to cook too.  If I'm sauteing some fish, I usually pour a little wine in just to give it a little extra flavor.  I haven't had wine in forever because before I became pregnant, we were trying to get pregnant - so no wine for me.
 
9. Give us your most delicious cocktail recipe.
Hmmm. . . I don't have one.  We dont really mix coctails at our house so. . I can't help you here. 
 
10. How do you like your eggs?
Is this question from The Runaway Bride?  I think it is.  I prefer my eggs scrambled - all the way.  NO runniness.  My second choice is fried - all the way.  NO runniness!!!  Is runniness a word?  My spell check didn't say it wasn't so I'm going with it. 
 
I hope you enjoyed todays post!  Until next time!
 
Take care,
Stef
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I can personally attest to the awesomeness of Ruby's Stew! Thanks Ruby!

    Stef -- I need the recipe for this breakfast casserole! Seriously. Email it to me now, please.

    And you forgot fresh salsa for the tomato question. :) Remember, you made some for me, and it was DELISH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH I totally forgot about my salsa. I haven't made that is SO long. Now I'm hungry for some. :) That is the best use of fresh tomoatoes!

    ReplyDelete