Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Motorcross and Garage Sales

Unfortunately, I'm a little behind on my postings.  I've been wanting to post lately but have been pre-occupied by a million things... ok mostly just work.  I'm sorry to all you millions of readers who just hang on a thread waiting for my next post  ;)  So, for the sake of not keeping you waiting any longer, I'll sum up my next two posts into one.

Post #1 - Motorcross is cool!
Sometime recently, it must have been in April (I think), we attended Supercross!  It was so fun! Get this, we went with my husbands, cousins, boyfriends family!  (Whew, say that 5 times fast).  Curtis' cousin has been dating the boyfriend for awhile now, so we know him and his family pretty well. We arrived at Reliant early, tailgated with our family, went to 'the pit', and then the Supercross races started later that evening.  The boyfriend, we'll call him Chad b/c that's his name, explained everything to me.  The different types of bikes, the different heats/races, the way the racers advanced and he even explained why everyone kept crashing on this one turn because of how difficult it is.  We saw this crazy crash where the bike flipped over end to end. . . CRAZY!  It's a lot of fun to watch once you know what's going on.  Oh and there are explosives!


Post #2 - Garage Sale Day
About one year ago, we bought our first house.  YAY!  Once I got everything moved in and placed where I wanted it, I had a lot of stuff left over that I no longer wanted to use.  One day my friend Sarah was talking about how her community has a garage sale that's held at the elementary school and everyone comes to the once place and browses among all the 'vendors'.  So, I thought it would be a great idea to join her a few weeks ago for the garage sale.  Once, I decided to do this, I got a little worried because I was gathering things together and I really didn't have that much stuff to sell.  Then it dawned on me that I'd have to get up before the sun to make it to the location and setup before the designated time.  I'll be honest, I was kinda praying for rain; that way I could sleep in on a Saturday and just drop off all my stuff at a donation center.  It did not rain, so off to the garage sale I went.  I'm glad I did, because we had a blast!  And I made a little profit, more profit than I expected, so I'm happy with that. 

I did notice something though; it seems that the people who really did well were those who had baby stuff to sell.  So, I think if I were going to have another garage sale; it would be when I have tons and tons of baby stuff to get rid of and that will be quite a long time from now.

I will however, drive down to hang out with Sarah anytime, we had a great time!  She's a great saleslady.

No comments:

Post a Comment