Friday, September 18, 2009

What I'm Looking Forward To

Sometimes it's important to stop and think about all the great blessing in your life. It's also important to be hopefull for what God has in-store for your future. Here is a list of things I'm looking forward too, short-term, long-term and not at all completely inclusive.

1. Weekends - we have a lot of plans to spend time with friends and family over the next few months and I'm thankful for those opportunities.

2. Growing more with God - I know that God has a plan for my life and I'm excited about what He has in store for me. I'm sure it'll be nothing like I expect and even better than I could have hoped for.

3. Vacation - Curtis and I are planning to take a cruise soon. It'll be so nice to get away for a full week. It's been 3 years since we've taken that kind of time off to be with eachother. We love all of our friends and family but it'll be nice to take time just for us.

4. Furnishing our house - God has blessed us with the most beautiful house that is perfect for us. I can't wait for the day that it's all furnished and decorated and organized and full of friends and family.

5. Fall - this is my absolute favorite time of year. I love the weather and the holidays and that special time of year when we celebrate family and all the God has provided.

6. Life with Curtis - God has given me a great man; not a perfect man :), but a great one! I know that even over the last 3 years, Curtis and I have grown closer together and closer to God. This has been and is our prayer. I have no idea what struggles we will face, but I know that we'll face them together. We are very intentional about planning the protection and growth of our marriage, I only hope and pray that God will continue to mold us into the 'one' that he wants us to be.

7. Who knows what else! - I can't even begin to imagine what the future holds for me and Curtis. I'm just excited that God has brought Curtis and I together to take that journey. I'd like to think that I'll become someone who is kind and compasionate to others, who makes a contribution to other peoples lives, who is Godly, who will be a great wife and mother and who will do amazingly above what is expected of her or what she even expects for herself.

My grandfather's death has brought to light a lot of things in my heart. I've been reminded that there is hope in God that no matter what happens on this earth, my eternal future is spectacularly bright. It has revived that desire in my heart to be God's servant, like my grandparents have been, to be a true servant of God and to impact the lives of the people around me. I have hope that God will bring that desire to truth in my life. Oh Happy Day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment