Saturday, April 7, 2012

Micah is 9 Months Old

Micah's ninth month was as busy as ever and Micah is busy trying to grow up so fast.  Trying to get him to sit still for his nine month picture was a chore.  I was exhausted!

I'm a big boy now.

Since learning to crawl, Micah has been ALL over the house.  He's discovered all of the rooms except for the guest room and the junk room.  I keep the bathroom doors closed so I don't have chase him in there.  He no longer just chills in the living room without me there.  He crawls to where ever I am and pulls up on my legs and fusses at me.  Which makes cooking really interesting.  He pulls up on everything now, which means he falls down a lot.  So his poor little forehead looks terrible, but he's getting better at catching himself.

 Be still, will ya?!

He loves to throw his toys all over our tile floors, chase the toy, then throw it again.  He must crawl a million miles a day doing that.  Then mommy and daddy have to chase the balls and other toys out from under the couches and chairs.

 Playdate with our friend!

Micah loves playing with his daddy.  Dad comes home from work and they have some play time in the living room while I cook.  It's so stinking adorable.

 You're funny, dad!

He hasn't gotten anymore new teeth and I'm pretty much down to one feeding a day.  He's still biting if he gets ahold of your finger.  We were using a toothbrush that slips over your finger, but our fingers couldn't take the pain anymore so we bought him a real toothbrush.  Finally wised up!

 Happy Boy!

He also got his first haircut this month.  I was super sad that my little baby was old enough to need a haircut, but it really is cute.  He did so good during his haircut, with mom distracting him with puffs.

 Mom, I need a haircut!!

His checkup went pretty well.  He dropped on the weight charts, only weighing in at 16lbs 1oz.  He needs to put on some weight so we're going to alter his feeding schedule a bit.  Other than that he's doing great.  He had to get two shots.  I think he knew it was coming.  He was super clingy while at the doctors office and he cried whenever I set him down on the table.  But he was good for the doctor and gave her one of his super duper smiles.  :)

Sit down, Mommy wants to take your picture

He's doing pretty good with eating baby food and he's starting to want table food as well.  He wants to be eating anytime we're eating.  If we try to eat without him, he just stands at our feet and cries until you give him a bite.  Then he tries to take your fork or plate.  So now we feed him something every time we eat.

 Sitting is for babies! I can climb

Micah is just doing so great.  He's such a fun baby boy and is definitely becoming more vocal and letting us know what he wants.  He's learning what no means and we're having to work on it a lot, but I have a feeling that lasts for years to come.  :)

 Playdate with his lovely ladies

Well that's all for now.  Thanks for checking in and we'll see you again soon!
-Stef

Taking pictures is exhausting!
(for everyone involved)

No comments:

Post a Comment