Wednesday, December 22, 2010

My First Gingerbread House

This last weekend, we went to a tacky sweater Christmas party at a friends house.  We couldn't really find a tacky sweater (I thought Goodwill would hook me up for sure) but that's a different story.

Growing up, we didn't ever decorate gingerbread houses.  I don't know why, we just didn't.  So this was the first time I had put one together.  Luckily there was a cardboard cutout to use as a template (or is that how it's always done?)

It was really fun.  I enjoyed eating all the candy though.  I realized that I should have let Curtis help me more, but I was kinda of a control freak about my decorations plus I was just caught up in the process.  I apologized to him later for not letting him do more on the house.  I guess it was a good lesson for me to learn before we have a kid.  :)





So, what are you supposed to do with these after you make them?  I'm not sure how this is supposed to work.  Do you just look at them for awhile, then throw them away?

Also, what are some of your Christmas traditions?  I recently heard of having a birthday cake and/or birthday party for Jesus and I think that's a really cool idea.  We always decorated the tree as a family sometime after Thanksgiving and we always read the Christmas story from the bible on Christmas Eve.

I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas!  I'm looking forward to seeing my family, it should be a lot of fun.

Take Care!
-Stef

No comments:

Post a Comment