Friday, December 10, 2010

Ice, Ice Baby

This past weekend I went to Dallas to visit one of my bestest friends, Stephanie for a girls weekend.  We had such a great time cooking good meals, watching movies, shopping and just hanging out.  It was relaxing and fun! 

When I got there on Friday night, we went to something called ICE.  There's a hotel there called the Gaylord (which is an amazing hotel) and every winter they put up this huge tent full of ice sculptures.  It's 9 degrees in there and they make you wear a parka (yeah, 9 degrees).  I don't think I have ever been that cold.  We didn't think about bringing gloves so my fingers were actually shooting with pain.  Us Texas girls are not used to the cold, but we're strong, so we survived.

This years theme was a Charlie Brown Christmas so the sculptures were of Charlie and his friends and Snoopy too of course.  They also made a huge slide out of ice that you could slide down but I was too cold to slide. 





If you're ever in the Dallas, Grapevine, Bedford area during the holidays you should check it out.  It's pretty coooollllll.  (haha)

No comments:

Post a Comment