Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A Very Merry Bridal Shower

My sister is getting married in February (wooo hoo!) so we recently threw her a 'Yellow and Gray Shabby Chic' bridal shower at my grandmothers house.  I'm not sure it really had a specific theme, but it turned out to be a great shower regardless.  My sister looked beautiful in her new purple dress.  My cousin Andria is a direct descendant of Martha Stewart (you know in terms of her creativeness) and she made the most amazing things with her new Cricut. 

My favorite feature was our cupcake table.  My cousin made individual cupcake wrappers and the cutest banner I've ever seen.  Don't you just love it?!  We ordered the most wonderful cupcakes I've ever had.  I'm not sure who made them (I can't remember the ladies name) but they were so delicious - like heaven in your mouth.  Haha.  We had chocolate, strawberry, lemon, vanilla, and red velvet cupcakes.  I'm telling you - they were awesome!


A close-up of the chocolate cupcake.


We decorated the tables with fresh roses and candles.  My cousin also cut out individual flowers from left over shower invitations and other stationary.  Those cutout flowers added so much to the table decorations, I just love the way they turned out. 



We had a delicious buffet with lots of yummy food made by moms, cousins, and good friends.  Our friend made this yummy punch with ice cream and pineapple juice and whatever else but it was super yummy too.  It all was really great.



The sign in table with the engagement pictures I took.


All the bridesmaids were there.


The mothers and grandmothers were there too!



The shower was great and everyone was so helpful and really did so much to make this come together.  With me being out of town from the other hostesses and the location, I wasn't able to help as much as I had wanted to.  So really, the credit belongs to the other hostesses.  Most importantly, the bride was happy which is what matters most.  :) 

So now the countdown to the wedding begins.

1 comment:

  1. Just loved your gray and shabby chic bridal shower. Was looking for some great ideas for my sister’s bridal shower that will be arranged at one of NYC wedding venues. Planning to have this theme for the day and will use some of your ideas.

    ReplyDelete