Tuesday, July 6, 2010

It's July!

WOW!  I can't believe it's already July.  One year ago, on July 4th, we moved into our first house!  I can't believe it's been a year already.  I REALLY can't believe that I've been getting up at 5:30 everyday to carpool with my husband to downtown.  I thought that idea would last a few months, but apparently we're used to it now... kinda.  :)

We didn't do much this holiday weekend except sleep late every day.  My parents and our friend Chris came over for dinner on Saturday, which was fun!  (I made the worst burgers ever)  Sunday night we hung out with our friends, The Paynes. (they made the best burgers ever)  We all went downtown to watch the fireworks.  Let me tell you, I do not advise this.  Not only could we not get very close to the park:


But we got stuck in traffic FOR AN HOUR!  Really it was insane.  The worst traffic I've been in after an event.  We saw a chick fight, several fender benders, someone backed into a wall, someone blew a vuvezula in our car window and several people got into yelling matches (not us of course).  It looked like this:


We were all laughing at everyone so it was fine for us, but still an hour of sitting in a parking lot is a bit much.  Then we went back to our friends house and popped fireworks and played guitar hero.  We're hard core partiers!

Overall, we had a great 3-day weekend! See:

1 comment: