Monday, April 5, 2010

Girls Night Out Equals Date Night

First of All, I have to give props to my hubby for finding my camera cable.  I couldn't find it and after days and days of looking in every place I could think of, my hubby found it in less than 10 minutes.  Lucky Him. . . but at least I can find the milk in the fridge!  ;) . . . now on to the post.

Awhile back my church had a Ladies Night of Worship and it was such a great event for many reasons.  One reason is I actually won a pretty cool door prize and since I never win anything, I was really surprised.

I won a free nights stay at Hotel Sorella, dinner at Ra Sushi and a few other small items.  I was really excited because we've never stayed anywhere like Hotel Sorella and I thought it'd be fun to make a whole 'staycation' out of it.  So, I didn't tell Curtis that I had won anything and that we needed to go out of town for a night.  I think Curtis was kind of skeptical about what I had planned, especially since I agreed to everything he guessed, I had him convinced we were driving to San Antonio, which I don't think he was excited about.  Once we got there, I had to assure him that I did not pay to stay at a hotel in CityCentre, 20 min from our house.  Once I told him how I came about the free nights stay, he was excited as well. 

Hotel Sorella was very modern, which is not so much our kind of place, but it was a comfortable room with a great view, cool decor, and great restaurants. 







The courtyard was really nice and it turned out to be great weather so we walked around, did some shopping, sat out on the patio and enjoyed the view.


We also had never been to Ra Sushi so it was fun to try a new place.  We both love sushi so I knew we'd like it.  We made it there right before happy hour ended so we ate a lot of great food for a great price, the chiveche was really good.

There is a new restaurant in Citycentre called the Yard House.  We met our friend Chris there for lunch the next day and sat out on the pattio.  The food there was really good, we decided we'd like to go there again. 

Overall, it was a great "Staycation".  I enjoyed making Curtis squirm by not telling him where we were going.  We enjoyed Hotel Sorella, but I don't think we'll stay there again (just becuase it's 20 min. from our house), that is unless I somehow get another free night. ;)

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment