Thursday, August 20, 2009

August Birthday's Are The Best

I love my birthday. It's the best day ever! . . . well for me it is. I told Curtis the other day that he needs to learn to love my birthday as much as I do! :) I use it as an excuse to get away with all kinds of mischief. One of the best part of my birthday festivities is the annual (of course) birthday dinner. This dinner is one of a kind. My mom will cook you WHATEVER you like and everyone else has to eat it with no complaints. (Which is one of the many reasons my mom is the best ever) I really enjoy this privilege to say the least. My mom will also make you whatever kind of cake you want, which for everyone in my family is something different. My cake of choice is yellow cake with chocolate icing, plain but OH SO YUMMY when it's freshly made just for my birthday.

So this birthday dinner is a family affair, all of your grandparents and sisters and closest family members are required to come. . . ya know unless they can't. So this year, I wanted to host my birthday dinner at our new house. I've been wanting both sets of my grandparents to come and see our new house and I thought this was the perfect opportunity. It was so great to see all of my family. I decided to cook spaghetti for everyone. Spaghetti is not necessarily my favorite meal of all time, but I wanted to cook. I've never cooked for more than 4-5 people, so 13 was kinda overwhelming and I thought to myself, "Self! Ya know, 13 people are coming over and this could go terribly wrong if you try to cook something too ambitious, you best stick with the old faithful. . . spaghetti". So the decision was made. It turned out perfectly. I managed to cook JUST enough food for everyone; with the help of my mom, sister and Aunt Rita of course.

In short, the birthday dinner was a success. :) Not only did I get birthday presents (which is always fun), but i had a great time hosting everyone. Yay for a house with enough room for everyone!

P.S. It's still my birthday month... just a reminder! :)

1 comment:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MONTH! Sounds fun, I'm glad you got to celebrate your birthday dinner at the new house with all your friends and fam! So what did you get, anything good?

    ReplyDelete