Thursday, January 21, 2010

How to Change Your World

Change your thoughts and change your world.
– Norman Vincent Peale

How many times do you get caught up in what’s wrong with your life? It’s so easy to focus on what you want to do next, what you don’t have, what your relationships aren’t providing, what’s wrong with your job, and the list can go on and on and on… indefinitely.

I heard the quote above last week at a church function and it has stuck with me. I’ve come to this realization before but it just rings SO true to me. We cannot discount that everyone struggles and endures hardships; but in your life, are you focusing on your blessings?

I know that if we choose to believe the best about our life, our friends, our spouses (significant others), our parents, our bosses, etc., then we will have a much more joyful life. God promises to bless us and take care of us, so if I can’t SEE his blessing right now, I’m going to choose to believe that it’s there or will be there.

I imagine everyone struggles with this, but I'm going to choose to believe the best.  At least I'm going to try.  I've noticed that when I do that, I'm happier. 

What about you?  Do you think this is true?




P.S.  Sorry for not posting in so long.  Work has been very busy (which is good)

No comments:

Post a Comment